Sunday, March 23, 2008

Journal #14


Lee Server wrote a very elaborate article about Jackie Chan (the article we read in class). In the article, Server discussed Chan as a unique artist in the display of his cultural identity. Also last Wednesday, we discovered 8 nationalities represented in our classroom. Although there are features that make us unique as an individual, more often than not, our culture plays a big part in our identity.What makes you unique? How do you display your cultural identity.List (in a paragraph form) the features which make you unique as an individual. Connect your individuality with our cultural identity.



There are many different cultures on the world. The culture is feature of country that it make the people in this country is unique the people in another country. There are some features that they are very important in VietNam. First of all, the children must respect the elder. When I was a child, I have to respect the elder such as my parents, my grandmother, my grandfather and others elder. Not only had I done that but also almost others children must respect elder. For example, when I meet my grandparent on the street, at home or everywhere, I have to bow them. Second of all, almost people were old, their daughter or son have responsible that it is they must take care their parents. That is my country traditional to teach many people when they are a child. Actually, some people did not follow that but there is a little bit. When parents retire, they have poor healthy, poor money. So they need take care of their daughter or son. Usually, the son will be together with his parents to take care them when they have problem in their life. In short, these are some features in my country. The features are really important to teach the people when they are a child. That is good traditional feature to make the people are kind or honest in their life.

No comments: